- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin.
- Place the chopped dates in a bowl, pour over the boiling water and leave to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Gently melt the butter in a small pan along with the fennel seeds so the flavour infuses into the butter.
- After the dates have been soaking for 15 minutes, spoon them into a blender or food processor, along with the banana and blitz until they are shredded. Then pour in the melted butter and fennel seeds.
- Next, add the two eggs and vanilla bean paste to the food processor and blitz. Then add the flour, cocoa powder and the ground almonds. Blitz again until you have a thick glossy paste. This can also be done in a large mixing bowl if a food processor isn’t available.
- Finally, stir in 2/3rds of the chopped almonds, being careful not to break them up too much. Now spoon the mixture into the brownie tin. Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the top is firm to the touch – set aside on a wire rack to cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.
- Eat and of course, enjoy.
These deliciously healthy brownies can be lovingly created on a Leisure range cooker. Select from varying designs and styles, take a look at our collection of 60cm range cookers, red range cookers and electric range cookers.